In a service business, it’s imperative to have a seamless and efficient job management system. Having this in place, simplifies many processes and tasks and makes business growth easy to manage.
Here at Gallant, the job management system we use is Simpro.
Simpro is a cloud-based job management system for the trade services industry, or as they call it Serious Job Management.
The Simpro software provides efficient management of the workflow including capturing data, scheduling appointments, quoting works, completing jobs and accurately invoicing. This systematic software, ensures efficiency in all ways possible, some ways being:
- Collecting and storing client information and transferring this to each quote/job/invoice etc.
- Transferring all details from accepted quote to job to invoice, ensuring all details and information flow through the workflow.
This eliminates unnecessary double handling of information and the risk of important details getting lost.
What we love about Simpro
- The ability to import all company prices allows simple quoting and invoicing
- Integration of other softwares such as Xero, MYOB, Outlook and Infusionsoft, which simplifies and enhances the way you nurture your clients.
- Easily manage projects and quoted work to keep track of budgets, time frames and schedules.
- Business reporting allows us to analyse every part of the business
- The “Connect” mobile app enables our technicians to easily connect with the office and what’s going on in their schedule.
- The ability to integrate a SMS feature to more efficiently contact clients.
Gallant & Simpro
Here at Gallant Plumbing, we have been using Simpro since 2015. The software has enabled us to efficiently manage our service and has ensured the growth process has been as simple and seamless as possible. The simplicity of the system means you are able to easily look up a site address and see all quotes, jobs, invoices, attachments and customers which fall under there. Simpro groups all data under many different categories ensuring you can always find what you need with whatever piece of information you have. For example, if a client calls up with a question about a job at a specific address, you can search up this address and easily find this job.
In early 2018, we acquired another plumbing business, Worboys Plumbing. In taking over this business, we acquired a mountain of paperwork and no job management system in place… The struggle was real! Transfering all of this data over was time consuming, but well worth it! Simpro simplified the procedures and unnecessary heavy lifting done by staff. For example, when a job is scheduled with a client, instead of back and forth phone calls and emails, information only has to be written out once and anyone can get access to it (awesome!). And there’s no chasing email trails because who has time for that! Having to complete this transfer of data just highlighted to our team how vital and valuable the Simpro software is for our business. And with the function of being able to attach documents/photos to sites and jobs, we were able to attach relevant paperwork and then get rid of it (without actually getting rid of it!)
Our business could not function as we do today without Simpro. Simpro has enabled us to seamlessly grow and expand without feeling like you’re drowning in paperwork and ensuring a seamless, positive, customer service experience!
Couldn’t recommend Simpro highly enough!